The Gold Standard for Analysis of Real Estate Trends -2017 Swanepoel Trends Report + 2017 Swanepoel 200
Delivering exclusive research and analysis for the residential real estate brokerage industry. For 12 years the Swanepoel Trends Report is considered an essential tool by leaders of the largest real estate organizations including franchisors, independent brokers, technology vendors, Realtor associations and agents.
In 2017, the trends report covers impactful topics such as what the Trump presidency means for real estate, how to benefit from the biggest wave of brokerage technology innovation, and how leading brokers overcome the challenges of encouraging agent adoption of technology. In addition key challenges include the agent flat-fee brokerage model may completely change the face of the industry, how MLSs are consolidating and how teams are becoming a powerful force in the industry.
The 2017 edition of the Swanepoel Trends Report tackles the biggest challenges facing the real estate industry:
Trend 10: A New Type of President
- What the Trump presidency means for real estate.
Trend 9: When Self-Regulation Ends
- The cascade of changes resulting from a government regulating real estate.
Trend 8: The Real Estate Platform Battle
- How to benefit from the biggest wave of brokerage technology innovation.
Trend 7: The Agony of Technology Adoption
How leading brokers overcome the challenges of encouraging agent adoption of technology.
Trend 6: The Retiring Leadership Wave
- An entire generation of established real estate leaders prepare to retire. What’s next?
Trend 5: The Upstream Report Card
- Project Upstream could change the way brokers interact with their data.
Trend 4: Fighting for Control of Data Integration
- A host of technology players hope to improve the flow of data through the industry.
Trend 3: Agent Flat-Fee Brokerages on the Rise
- The agent flat-fee brokerage model may completely change the face of the industry.
Trend 2: The MLS Consolidation Shift
- More MLSs are consolidating. What’s working, and what’s not?
Trend 1: The Hypergrowth of Teams
- Teams are becoming a powerful force. How can the industry adjust to their needs?
Swanepoel Power 200
The SP200 (Swanepoel Power 200) is the definitive ranking of residential real estate’s top leaders produced and published annually by the Swanepoel T3 Group. We invest over 600 hours of research, hold countless internal debates, perform a deep analysis of numbers and organizational charts, and sincerely reckon with what power actually means to produce the report each year. Leaders are evaluated based on their personal influence, tenure, office, decision-making power, the financial resources at their disposal, their company or organization's industry significance and geographic reach, and public announcements about pending changes. These are our findings.