In partnership with the 2020 Right Tools Right Now Program this product is FREE to members!
NOW AVAILABLE FREE FOR MEMBERS!
Signed into law in 1968, the federal Fair Housing Act turns 50 in 2018. As part of NAR’s commemoration of this milestone, NAR has updated its video designed to educated real estate professionals on how to comply with the FHA. The updated video includes vignettes that real estate professionals may encounter, including:
- emotional support animals and the FHA in housing
- familial status discrimination
- sexual harassment and unlawful retaliation against those making complaints
- how to avoid steering claims in the age of big data
- HUD’s criminal background guidance and disparate impact analysis
- the requirements for NAR’s Code of Ethics prohibiting discrimination against protected classes
The video will highlight these scenarios and provide risk management tips to real estate professional on how to meet their obligations under the FHA.
This video is available as a digital download and is approximately 17 minutes in length. This video replaces the Fair Housing DVD that was created in 2006.