Can association staff members use medical marijuana at work? Is the association covered if someone slips and falls in our parking lot? How can board members meet their duty of loyalty? Do we really need a disaster plan?
Association and MLS executives are faced with questions like these every day. Get answers to these questions, and many more, in this 2.5 hour seminar covering multiple aspects of association law and compliance. Presented by the attorneys from NAR Legal Affairs and senior Member Experience staff members, it’s a “must watch” for any association/MLS executive, association/MLS management team member, and association/MLS legal counsel.
This video series was recorded live in San Francisco at the Legal Education Seminar for Association and MLS Counsel in November 2019.
You’ll learn about:
Hot Issues in Employment Law
- Salary history bans;
- Cannabis in the workplace;
- Sexual harassment; and
- ADA accommodation requests.
NAR Insurance Program and Trends
- Professional liability overview;
- How to file a claim; and
- Hot issues and trends every association should know about.
Fundamentals of Association Governance
- What governing documents every association needs;
- What fiduciary duties a board member owes the association; and
- How to write meeting minutes.
Hot NAR MLS Issues
- Issues facing the MLS Standards workgroup; and
- Clear cooperation policy.
TCPA and Do-Not-Call Registry Compliance
- When consent is required for a marketing text;
- How to draft opt-in and opt-out language; and
- When a broker may contact a FSBO or expired listing.
When Disaster Strikes: How to Prepare Your Association
- Assessing your organization’s unique risks;
- Identifying loss mitigation strategies; and
- Drafting a disaster recovery plan.
Rules Can Be Fun (No, Really!): How Standards and Best Practices Ensure an
Amazing Member Experience
- Best practices for creating member experience success;
- Arbitration do’s and don’ts; and
- Core standards.
You’ll receive for immediate download:
- 7 MP4 videos; and
-120-page seminar notebook with presentations and additional materials.