Updated as of June 2017
This informational guide, created by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), is designed to educate consumers who own or rent property that was built before 1978 about the potential hazards of lead-based paint and other sources of lead contamination. It includes:
• Identifies the disclosure responsibilities of landlords, sellers and renovators
• Descriptions of the types of structures that pose the largest risk for lead-based paint contamination
• Very basic information on the health hazards that lead can cause
• How to identify lead hazards and how to have a structure checked for lead contamination
• Some recommendations on how to reduce the risks for lead contamination
• Other possible sources for lead contamination
Digital Download also available in Spanish.
NAR also offers the Lead-Based Paint Reference Guide (item 141-558), a related product designed to educate brokers and agents about lead-based paint disclosure requirements. This informational booklet provides facts and information about federal regulations from a compliance and risk management perspective. See the product link below for more information on the Lead-Based Paint Reference Guide.
Physical version sold in packages of 5.
For the Digital Download version. This download will be delivered immediately (upon checkout) after order to your My Account Digital Download section of the the REALTOR® Store. You will not receive anything physically.