Real Estate Brokerage Essentials®: Navigating Legal Risks and Managing a Successful Brokerage, Fourth Edition is the most comprehensive business tool for brokers to run their offices efficiently and minimize their risk for legal liability.
This product covers everything from hiring and training employees, licensing issues, dealing with consumers, key intellectual property concepts and how to understand and deal with tough business issues. The product was created by NAR’s Legal Team and includes a foreword by NAR General Counsel Katie Johnson.
This comprehensive guide includes training modules on some of the most relevant topics to provide an easy source for assisting brokers with creating effective training programs on risk management issues. The guide offers current case law, checklists, training worksheets, and does so in a way that anyone can relate to. It offers quick tips and helpful summaries and checklists on many of the topics to assure Brokers and able to successfully manage their businesses.
The product features 15 updated chapters with 30% of the content being new, including one completely new chapter called Emerging Risk Management Issues. Some of the new additions include content on; drones, medical marijuana, REALTOR® safety and data security, ADA policies, teams, license reciprocity, social media and internet advertising, money laundering, and distracted driving.
- 15 comprehensive updated chapters, with nearly every chapter including new content, new figures and/or new case summaries, significant content changes are indicated with an asterisk below *:
- Workplace Law and Office Policies*
- The Independent Contractor in Real Estate*
- Licensing Issues*
- Agency/Brokerage Relationships with Consumers*
- Antitrust and the Real Estate Brokerage Firm
- Fair Housing*
- Misrepresentation and Failure to Disclose*
- Intellectual Property, Technology and the Law*
- Data Security & Privacy *
- NEW -Other Risk Management Issues*
- Use of Other Professionals & RESPA*
- Internal Complaint-Handling Procedures
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Content created by the NAR Legal Team
- 30% New content, including all new sample forms and figures and new content on drones, medical marijuana, REALTOR® safety and security, ADA policies, teams, license reciprocity, social media and internet advertising, money laundering, distracted driving and more…
- Foreword by NAR General Counsel Katherine Johnson
- 7 chapters’ end with a training modules that allows the broker to test their knowledge and work through the topics addressed
- Includes 5 checklists, 42 figures, 6 tables and definition on 41 topics
- Includes updated legislation including 40 acts or legal statues and 72 updated case summaries
- Includes 70 online resources
- This product is a true step-by-step guide to understanding key legal and risk management concepts