Managing a Renovation: Staying in Charge & Out of Trouble guides you step-by-step through the management process of a home renovation. With more US homes being remodeled and renovated than ever before, this book is the essential guide to keep your project on time and on budget.
• How to work with a designer to cut your design costs and still get exactly what you want
• How to find and pre-qualify great contractors
• How to put your work out to bid and get those bidders to share cost saving ideas
• How to negotiate a contract that keeps you safe and gets you the tightest possible price
• How to monitor the work on the site and control surprises and over-charges
• How to enforce the warranty once the contractor is paid in full and off the job
About the Author:
For over 20 years, Susan Solakian has managed both residential and commercial construction projects, and coached property owners through successful, substantial renovations from initial planning and budgeting through warranty dispute resolution.